Have you ever felt like you’re not good enough or like you don’t deserve the best in life? It’s a common feeling that many of us experience at some point in our lives, but it’s important to remember that we all have inherent value and worth. Knowing your self worth and creating a positive mindset is crucial for building confidence, setting healthy boundaries, and pursuing your dreams.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some powerful quotes about self worth that can inspire and motivate you to recognize your own value and live your life to the fullest.
Inspirational Quotes About Acknowledging Your Self Worth
1. Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful and magical person that you are.
2. Don’t try to prove anything about yourself to anyone. It isn’t necessary. Your worth shines through to others–know your worth. – Alexandra Stoddard
3. Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness. They don’t need the approval of others. – Roy T. Bennett
4. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
5. If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development. – Brian Tracy
6. In a society that judges self-worth on productivity, it’s no wonder we fall prey to the misconception that the more we do, the more we’re worth. – Ellen Stern
7. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. – M. Scott Peck
8. Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world. – Helen Keller
9. What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate. – Henry David Thoreau
10. The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature. – Marcus Aurelius
11. What a tiring way to live, when your self-worth is constantly relying on the affirmation and approval of others. – Darlene Zschech
12. If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
13. Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it. – Bruce Lee
14. Your net worth is not the same thing as your self-worth. Your value is not based on your valuables. – Rick Warren
15. Self-worth is so vital to your happiness. If you don’t feel good about YOU, it’s hard to feel good about anything else. – Mandy Hale
16. The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore. – C. JoyBell C.
17. Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her. – Lao Tzu
18. Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters. – Dan Coppersmith
19. There is nothing so rewarding as to make people realize that they are worthwhile in this world. – Bob Anderson
20. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
21. The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation from the self. — Albert Einstein
22. Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip. – Glenn Beck
23. When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t. – Jodi Picoult
24. True abundance isn’t based on our net worth, it’s based on our self-worth. — Gabrielle Bernstein
25. There’s no single person on this planet that’s worth more than the other. Know your worth. Be confident in yourself. – Holly Holm
26. Someone out there is looking for exactly what you’ve got…and will never try and undercut your value or question your worth. Some things in life just can’t be bartered over or placed on the sale rack – and your self-worth is at the top of the list. – Mandy Hale
27. Never seek your importance through the standards of the world. Know your worth. Never doubt your worth.
28. The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path. – Soledad O’Brien
Short Know Your Worth Quotes
29. Know your worth. Then add tax.
30. Know your worth. Don’t settle for anything less.
31. Your worth is not measured by your productivity.
32. When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.
33. Self-trust is the first secret of success. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to. – W.C. Fields
35. Self-worth is everything. Without it, life is a misery. – Julie Walters
36. When you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.
37. Not one drop of your self-worth depends on the acceptance of others.
38. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. – Mark Twain
39. The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself. – Mark Twain
40. Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness. – Jean Vanier
41. Know your worth, hold your own power, be you. – Morgan Harper Nichols
42. Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s ability to see your worth.
43. There will always be someone who can’t see your worth. Don’t let it be you.
44. When you learn how much you’re worth you’ll stop giving people discounts.
45. Sometimes you must forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.
46. Your actions, and your action alone, determines your worth. – Evelyn Waugh
47. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with. – Wayne W. Dyer
48. You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are. – Yogi Bhajan
49. Your problem is you are too busy holding onto your unworthiness. – Ram Dass
50. Sometimes you have to be alone to truly know your worth. – Karen A. Baquiran
51. Don’t be afraid of being different. Be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
52. Other people’s opinions of you does not have to become your reality. – Les Brown
53. Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have. – Thomas A. Edison
54. Not one ounce of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me. – Quincy Jones
55. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
56. That’s the biggest thing to separate – your body from your self-worth. – Alison Sweeney
57. When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t.
58. Remember, you’re not half of anything, you’re twice of everything. – Viet Thanh Nguyen
59. Our motive is not to prove our self-worth but to live up to our possibilities. – Nathaniel Branden
60. You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served. – Tene Edwards
Empowering Self-Worth Quotes for Her
61. In a society that judges self-worth on productivity, it’s no wonder we fall prey to the misconception that the more we do, the more we’re worth. – Ellen Stern
62. Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change. – Shannon L. Alder
63. I believe becoming healthy and working out saved my life by giving me the confidence and self-worth to achieve my goals. – Kim Lyons
64. It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself. – Diane Von Furstenberg
65. When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom. – Suze Orman
66. She understood her worth which made her powerful. The world gravely needed a hero so she became one. No superpowers really, just a strong woman who took no sh#t from anyone. – Rabdall Core
67. How can we embrace rest and play if we’ve tied our self-worth to what we produce? – Brené Brown
68. You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. – Maya Angelou
Quotes About Loving Yourself
69. Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity. – Katrina Mayer
70. To love yourself is to know that your past does not change your worth.
71. Let your love send off so much positive energy that it shifts the vibrations in the room.
72. Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing.
73. No matter what you have done, or left undone, you are worthy of love. – Nithya Shanti
74. Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always. – Maryam Hasnaa
75. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
76. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. – Lucille Ball
77. Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. – Brené Brown
78. Only if you love yourself, only if you’re happy with yourself and only if you know your own worth will you ever be happy. – Momina Mustehsan
79. Self-worth: the ability to comprehend and accept my true value. To understand that I am more than my mind, body, emotions and behaviors. To see myself as God sees me, to accept His love for me and to learn to love myself in like manner. – Dr. Christina Hibbert
80. Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept. – Anna Taylor
81. If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself. – Barbara De Angelis
82. Love yourself. Enough to take the actions required for your happiness. Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past. Enough to set a high standard for relationships. Enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner. Enough to forgive yourself. Enough to move on. – Steve Maraboli
Encouraging Quotes For Boosting Your Confidence
83. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
84. If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. — Vincent van Gogh
85. When you start to build self-worth and redeem your magnificence, the fears go away – you void your fears via your realization of your own self-worth. – Lee Carroll
86. With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world. — Dalai Lama
87. Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. – Howard Washington Thurman
88. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. – Marie Curie
89. Having a low opinion of yourself is not modesty. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not egotism. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success. — Bobbe Sommer
90. How would your life be different if you stopped allowing other people to dilute or poison your day with their words or opinions? Let today be the day you stand strong in the truth of your beauty and journey through your day without attachment to the validation of others. – Steve Maraboli
Poetic Quotes About Self Worth
91. Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting. – William Shakespeare
92. We are the brightest Star of our sky though we often fail to notice our own brilliance in the presence of others’ light. – E.L.Blade
93. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
94. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
95. It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him. – Abraham Lincoln
96. Your soul is attracted to people the same way flowers are attracted to the sun. Surround yourself only with those who want to see you grow. – Pavana
Inspirational Quotes About Self Esteem
97. You marry at the level of your self-esteem, make sure you have self-worth. – Marie Osmond
98. Self-esteem is that deep-down inside our skin feeling you have of your own self-worth. – Dennis Waitley
99. You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens. – Louise Hay
100. If you don’t know your own value, somebody will tell you your value, and it’ll be less than you’re worth. – Bernard Hopkins
101. There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. — Nathaniel Branden
102. Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth. – Iyanla Vanzant
103. They are called, “SELF-worth” and “SELF-esteem” for a reason… we can’t let others decide what we are worth, that is so dangerous! Empower yourself! – Jaeda DeWalt
104. If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think. – T. Harv Eker
105. Many of us harbor hidden low self-esteem. We deem everything and everyone more important than ourselves and think that meeting their needs is more important than meeting our own. But if you run out of gas, everyone riding with you will be left stranded. – T. D. Jakes.
Quotes About Your Self Worth in Relationships
106. Don’t be afraid of being different. Be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
107. Once you learn how to be happy, you won’t tolerate being around people who make you feel anything less.
108. The minute you realize your worth, you shift your energy to attract new people who respect your worth. It starts with you first.
109. Never force someone to make a space in their life for you, because if they know your worth, they will surely create one for you.
110. If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value.
111. The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away. – Alysia Harris
112. Know your worth. Know when you have had enough. And move on from the people who keep chipping away at your happiness.
113. Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity. – Shannon L. Alder
114. Know your worth and don’t let other people take advantage of your energy. Spend it where it’s more valued than understood.
115. Maturity is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self-respect, values, morals or self-worth. – Unknown
116. If you have to convince someone to stay with you then they have already left. ? Shannon L. Alder
117. Often people that settle in life are those that only do what they can with what they have and where they are. Never settle for someone that didn’t know your worth from the beginning, or build a life without God in it. Live beyond your low expectations. – Shannon L. Alder
118. How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you. – Rupi Kaur
119. When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself. – Paulo Coelho
120. It is only when you have mastered the art of loving yourself that you can truly love others. It is only when you have opened your own heart that you can touch the heart of others. – Robin Sharma
In conclusion, understanding your self worth is an essential aspect of living a happy and fulfilling life. By recognizing and appreciating your inherent value, you can cultivate self-confidence, set healthy boundaries, and passionately pursue your dreams.
The quotes we’ve explored in this blog post offer powerful insights and inspiration for embracing your self worth, even in the face of challenges or self-doubt. Remember, you are valuable and worthy of love and respect, and by embodying that truth, you can live a life of joy, purpose, and fulfillment.
So, take these quotes to heart, and never forget the importance of knowing your own worth.
For more quotes, check out these posts: