August is that time of year where summer activities are winding down, kids and teens are going back to school, and everyone is excited for the weather to cool down and experience all the festive fall activities. With that in mind, let’s go over the August Pinterest trends in 2022 so you can plan your content calendar.
Holiday Content Planning On Pinterest
Prepare your holiday content now and be ready to publish by September! Pinterest recommends that you promote your business and your products early. Source: Pinterest Holiday Insights
Need help with keyword research? Check out my comprehensive guide on how to use Pinterest Trends if you want to learn more about doing keyword research on Pinterest. If you’re new to Pinterest, please check out this beginner’s guide to Pinterest marketing and Pinterest SEO.
Top August Pinterest Trends in 2022
Pinterest users are looking for inspiration and new ideas. The summer months are winding down, so pinners are starting to plan for back school and the holidays. Now is the time to start focusing on sharing your fall content if you have it.
- Labor Day like labor day party and labor day food ideas: share your late summer recipes now and start thinking ahead for your early fall recipes (hello pumpkin spice latte!)
- Smores bars are the new blondies but brides are also planning their fall weddings with DIY smores bar for their guests
- Container house design: tiny homes and living in vans have been on the rise in recent years and now Pinners are looking at more housing options
- Meditation room ideas, meditation room decor, yoga room, zen room: post-quarantine lifestyles have put much more focus on self care and prioritizing inner happiness
- All things fall especially fall decor ideas for the home and fall vibes like carving pumpkins and buying scented candles
- Fall fashion like sweaters, scarves, hats, boots, and leggings; plaid is very popular this time of year!
Back to School
Parents and students alike are planning back to school. They’re looking for outfits, nail designs, bulletin boards, planners, backpacks, and more.
- back to school essentials
- emergency kit for school
- back to school must haves
- what to keep in your backpack
- family calendar
- kids routine chart
- cleaning schedule for working mom
- monthly meal planning
Pinners are looking for spooky, scary, and creative decor, party themes, group costumes and seasonal foods. Burnt orange and fairycore are really trendy this year.
People on Pinterest are figuring out creative group costumes, while borrowing scary themes for home decor and seasonal celebrations. They’re also embracing the ethereal, including fairycore, as well as leaning into autumnal shades of burnt orange for just about everything.
- spooky halloween wallpaper
- spooky bathroom
- family costumes for four
- fairy core outfits
- colors that go with burnt orange
Halloween themes are all the rage right now especially for bachelorette parties, bridal and baby showers, weddings, and photoshoots.
- spooky family photo shoot
- spooky bachelorette party
- baby’s first halloween costume boy
- halloween bridal shower
Pinners love to get creative, especially when it comes to Halloween. They are looking for ways to decorate their homes and work on DIY projects.
- spooky bathroom
- horror themed bedroom
- halloween quilts ideas
- halloween aesthetic decor
Here are some costume ideas and makeup tutorials you can consider if you create DIY Halloween content.
- fairy core outfits
- fantasy makeup elf
- butterfly hair
- pastel halloween party
- family themed halloween costumes
- 3 people costume ideas
- family halloween costumes with baby and toddler
‘70s-era burnt orange is trending for home decor, wedding themes and fashion.
- burnt orange kitchen
- dark orange aesthetic
- burnt orange groomsmen attire
- burnt orange couch
Other Halloween-related keywords: Halloween costumes, Halloween decorations, Halloween wedding ideas, gothic wedding ideas, Halloween baby shower ideas, Halloween finger foods, easy Halloween treats to make, and Halloween nails.
Even as the leaves change colors, people on Pinterest are embracing all things green, from clothing to decor.
- green vibes
- how to style green cargo pants
- green posters
- green kitchen cabinets
- olive green kitchen
- sage green kitchen
- green dining room ideas
- best emerald green paint colors
Pinterest users are redefining business casual, sprucing up work spaces and packing lunches to head back to the office.
- teacher outfits, casual work outfits
- handbags, purses
- cruise outfits
- date night outfit
- homecoming dresses
- minimalist wedding dresses
- Harley Quinn costume
- 70s outfits
- 80s party outfits
- crochet clothes
- fall 2021 fashion trends
Food & Drink
Big fan of draft beer and German culture? Now is the time to share content around German food and Oktoberfest party ideas. If you can provide affiliate links, find a way to promote Bavarian attire! There are plenty of costumes for sale on Amazon.
Here are more trending keywords for the month:
- tuscan shrimp
- cucumber salad
- ground beef recipes
- stuffed bell peppers
- crockpot recipes
- zucchini recipes, zucchini bread
- late summer recipes
- banana bread recipe
- school lunch ideas for kids
- bandana hairstyles, hairstyles with bandanas
- back to school haircuts
- back to school nails
- hairstyles for medium length hair
- volleyball hairstyles
- fall hair colors
People are dreaming of fall and the coziness that comes with it. Think about warm fall colors, throw pillows and blankets, and rustic elements.
- cozy fall aesthetic
- cozy eclectic bedroom
- cozy fall living room
- cabin interiors cozy
Remodeling and Decor
- nursery ideas, baby room design, boy nursery ideas, girl nursery ideas
- small bathroom ideas, small bathroom remodel, tiny bathroom ideas
- kitchen remodel, kitchen cabinets, modern farmhouse kitchens
- boho bedroom, bohemian bedroom decor, bedroom inspirations
August Pinterest trends also include fall travel! Road trips and camping are especially popular in the United States but here are some location-specific trends this month. Trending keywords include camping hacks and outdoor exploration.
- New York City
- Patagonia, Argentina
- Havana, Cuba
- Rome and Milan, Italy
- New Orleans
- Florence, Italy
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Nashville, Tennessee
Be sure to check the Pinterest trends every month for inspiration and content planning. I’m sharing the top trends every month of the year so here is January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November, and December.
And if you are interested in hiring a Pinterest manager, check out my Pinterest Management Services!
Check out these resources to help you market your business: