Pinterest is a search engine where users are looking for ideas based on the seasons and the time of year. If you want to get a better idea of what to pin in August, here are some August Pinterest trends that pinners are looking for in 2021.
With your Pinterest business account, you can use the Pinterest trends tool to collect potential keywords to add to your pin titles and pin descriptions. Check out my comprehensive guide on how to use Pinterest Trends if you want to learn more about doing keyword research on Pinterest.
Holiday Content Planning On Pinterest
Prepare your holiday content now and be ready to publish it beginning in September! Pinterest recommends that you promote your business and your products early.
Source: Pinterest Holiday Insights
Now let’s go over what’s trending on Pinterest in August 2021! Explore these different categories to find inspiration for what to pin to Pinterest.
Top August Pinterest Trends in 2021
Pinterest users are looking for inspiration and new ideas. The summer months are winding down so pinners are starting to plan for back school and the holidays. Now is the time to start focusing on your fall content if you have it.
- Back to school planning like supplies, outfits, hairstyles, bulletin boards, dorm rooms, and more
- Smores bars are the new blondies but brides are also planning their fall weddings with DIY smores bar for their guests
- Container house design: tiny homes and living in vans have been on the rise in recent years and now Pinners are looking at more housing options
- Meditation room ideas, meditation room decor, yoga room, zen room: post-quarantine lifestyles have put much more focus on self care and prioritizing inner happiness
- All things fall especially fall decor ideas for the home and fall vibes like carving pumpkins and buying scented candles
- Fall fashion like sweaters, scarves, hats, boots, and leggings; plaid is very popular this time of year!
- Labor Day like labor day party and labor day food ideas: share your late summer recipes now and start thinking ahead for your early fall recipes (hello pumpkin spice latte!)
Now is the time to plan for the fall season and the holidays. This is when pinners are much more active on Pinterest!
What’s Trending in Pinterest’s Most Popular Categories?
The Pinterest Trends tool provides the following categories because these are typically the most popular topics that Pinterest users search for.
- teacher outfits, casual work outfits
- handbags, purses
- cruise outfits
- date night outfit
- homecoming dresses
- minimalist wedding dresses
- Harley Quinn costume
- 70s outfits
- 80s party outfits
- crochet clothes
- fall 2021 fashion trends
FOOD & DRINK
- tuscan shrimp
- cucumber salad
- ground beef recipes
- stuffed bell peppers
- crockpot recipes
- zucchini recipes, zucchini bread
- late summer recipes
- banana bread recipe
- school lunch ideas for kids
- bandana hairstyles, hairstyles with bandanas
- back to school haircuts
- back to school nails
- hairstyles for medium length hair
- volleyball hairstyles
- fall hair colors 2021 trends
- nursery ideas, baby room design, boy nursery ideas, girl nursery ideas
- small bathroom ideas, small bathroom remodel, tiny bathroom ideas
- kitchen remodel, kitchen cabinets, modern farmhouse kitchens
- boho bedroom, bohemian bedroom decor, bedroom inspirations
- Patagonia, Argentina
- Havana, Cuba
- Rome and Milan, Italy
- New Orleans
- Florence, Italy
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Nashville, Tennessee
Hire a Pinterest Manager
And if you are interested in hiring a Pinterest manager, check out my Pinterest Management Services!
Check out these resources to help you market your business: